This bungalow holds a special place in the history of Modern School, because the seed of this legacy of education was planted here by Lala Raghubir Singh in the year 1920. For nearly 13 years, this bungalow addressed 24, Daryaganj, was the home of Modern School. Small beginnings were made in 1920, and by 1932, it developed into a larger school. In 1932, the number of scholars on the rolls was about one hundred and twenty-five. It was decided to start from the junior classes and to add one class each year as the school progressed, and to let it develop eventually into a high school. At the very beginning of the school’s existence, it was decided that it should be a Day Boarding School. The intention was to make sure that for as many hours of the day as possible, students should be living in excellent physical, mental and moral environment of the school precincts, at the same time without losing touch with their homes.